- Skya O’ShaughnesseyDirector of OperationsManaging the front-end operations at Overland Intensive Outpatient, Skya compassionately and enthusiastically introduces clients in to the program. As Program Administrator, Skya effectively executes the oversite and implementation of department systems and program development. Skya’s training spans across both team management and clinical realms, creating a safe and structured environment for the clients and staff. Skya's passion for clients is only outmatched by her immense commitment to create structure that gives them the best possible chance at recovery. Skya manages to keep the day to day atmosphere at Overland Intensive Outpatient both positive and precise.
- Susan LevinClinical DirectorSusan is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist registered with The Board of Behavioral Sciences. Susan received her Master's degree in Clinical Psychology from Phillips Graduate Institute with an emphasis on Marriage and Family Therapy. Susan received her Bachelor's degree in psychology, from The University of California, Santa Barbara.
Susan has many years of experience educating interns and clients about pathological behaviors and chemical dependence. Susan’s expertise lies in dealing with diverse populations, working at the Center for Individual and Family Counseling with children and adults, 310 Recovery with individuals and families who struggle with chemical dependence, and her thriving private practice where she treats couples and adults. Susan works with and provides supervision to the clinical team and ensures they receive training in the most current evidence-based practices. Susan is closely involved with Overland’s treatment team, directing the clinical care and individualizing treatment plans throughout the client’s time at Overland. Susan is passionate about the mental health population and strongly believes in an individual’s capacity to navigate complex issues in a safe and caring environment that allows healing.
- Anthony DiMaggioPrimary TherapistAnthony is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist registered with The Board of Behavioral Sciences. Anthony DiMaggio received his Master's degree in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University, with an emphasis on Marriage and Family Therapy. He received his Bachelor's degree in psychology, with honors, from California State University, Northridge. Anthony has experience working with children, adults, couples, and families.
In his training at Pepperdine Community Counseling Center in Encino he provided psychotherapy for individuals suffering from anxiety, stress, depression, low self-esteem, behavioral problems, and relationship issues among others. Anthony utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, combined with mindfulness skills, to help clients overcome obstacles standing in their way to achieve their personal goals. He is collaborative in his approach and focused on supporting clients' personal growth to help them reach their full potential. Anthony's personal style combines warmth and acceptance with skill and dedication to his clients.
- Andrew KatsinasPrimary TherapistAndrew is an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist and Associate Clinical Professional Counselor registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences. Andrew holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University, with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy. Andrew received his Bachelor's degree of Fine Arts in Film and Video Production from the University of Arizona.
In his clinical training, Andrew studied psychodynamic and family systems theory and provided counseling services to adults, adolescents and couples at the Center for Individual and Family Counseling, in North Hollywood, CA. Andrew specializes in clients struggling with issues relating to purpose and passion, masculinity, relationship, and self-esteem. He employs positive psychology and a client-centered, strengths-based approach that guides the client in reconnecting with their authentic self to actualize change. Andrew values respect, collaboration, humor, adaptability, and empathy, and brings these into the therapeutic relationship.
- Laura BermanPrimary TherapistLaura is a Primary Therapist and Group Facilitator in Overland’s Intensive Outpatient program. Laura holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work from Fordham University, and is also a Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor. She has worked in the field of addiction in a number of modalities for over 8 years. Laura expertise lies in working with adolescents, adults, couples, and families.
Laura’s vocational experience includes working as Program Aide for Visions Adolescent Treatment Center mentoring adolescents recovering from addiction, at New York Center for Living as the Intake Coordinator and Individual Therapist, and Hazelden Betty Ford’s New York City Intensive Outpatient. Laura’s training at Hazelden Betty Ford’s New York City Intensive Outpatient facility facilitated experience working with dual-diagnosis adults and young adults, personality disorders, family systems, and trauma-related issues. Laura utilizes several modalities (DBT and Mindfulness, CBT, attachment, MI, and ACT) in order to create a more tailored therapeutic setting for her client’s. Laura works collaboratively with her clients to create a safe environment where client can move towards alleviating symptoms, change in behavioral patterns and negative thinking, transform family-of-origin dynamics, and improving interpersonal relationships. She helps clients develop insight, identify their values, and gain tools to better manage their substance abuse and mental health symptoms.
- Emily BelgardPrimary TherapistEmily is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist registered with The Board of Behavioral Sciences. Emily received her Master's degree in Clinical Psychology from Phillips Graduate Institute, with an emphasis on Marriage and Family Therapy. Emily has provided therapeutic services to adults, adolescents, and children in various settings.
Emily has years of expertise working with adolescents, adults, couples and families struggling with pathological behaviors and co-occurring disorders. Emily has worked in dual-diagnosis treatment for 3 years and incorporates mindfulness-based practices in session. Emily gained experience utilizing mindfulness-based practices through her work as an Individual Therapist, Yoga Instructor, and working in equine assisted therapy programs. “I believe strongly in the collaborative experience of therapy, and work together with my clients to determine the best way to face their unique presenting challenges. This collaborative experience allows for the exploration of what is working, what might not be working, and what changes can be made so that each client can live the life they wish to live.”
- Tara MicichAdmissions CoordinatorTara conducts initial assessments, facilitates, and completes the intake process at Overland Intensive Outpatient. Tara provides clients and their families with support and guidance from the initial point of contact until admission. Tara is well versed in assessing dual diagnosis clients for PHP, IOP and OP levels of care. Tara has overcome her own fight with addiction and has been dedicated to helping others ever since. With her own understanding of what our clients are going through in making that first initial step to enter treatment, Tara brings a depth of passion to the team.
- Lisa MaslaviCase ManagerLisa has experience working in both mental health and substance abuse treatment and is currently in school to receive her California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors certification. Lisa assists in managing continuum of care, creating treatment goals, and aftercare planning at Overland Intensive Outpatient. Lisa utilizes both her experience in the field and personal understanding in meeting the clients where they’re at, and designing an initial path for treatment. As Case Manager, Lisa is able to provide an informative, comforting, and welcoming presence to clients, and has a demonstrated compassion for those struggling with mental health disorders.
- Megan DahlinCompliance OfficerSince 2010, Megan has been passionately contributing to a variety of different programs in the field. Megan’s strength lies in creating processes to ensure systematic input and usage of data organization. Megan ensures that Overland complies with its outside regulatory requirements and internal policies, she regularly conducts audits and reviews to ensure execution of compliance standards. Megan has successfully assisted in the licensing and certification of several residential detox and intensive outpatient facilities with both the state of California and The Joint Commission, including Overland Intensive Outpatient. Megan accurately and skillfully works to assure the quality and compliance of the program.
- Kimberly Brown, M.D.PsychiatristKimberly Brown is a Licensed Surgeon and Physician with The Medical Board of California. Dr. Brown received her Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree, with honors, from The Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California. Dr. Brown provides psychiatric evaluations and medication management with special attention to individual requirements. She is flexible and integrative in her approach to meet the needs and desired outcomes of each person. She carefully explores each patient’s personal history, life experiences and attitudes towards medication, all of which she approaches with empathy, understanding and helpful explanations that facilitate treatment and a patient’s sense of comfort and trust.